Sunday, September 6, 2015

Mic check

I am frightened at times by how my body feels. Those days when it's hard to get out bed....when my arms or legs are numb and heavy. I used to understand needing to rest after a shower. This morning, my body just doesn't want to get up. I stumbled to the bathroom and had to lay back down. I can tell by my symptoms which area my lesion is in that is being difficult (brain/neck/spine). I am having a hard time sharing and explaining my symptoms..so I will share in my blog and this will be my guide to Penny's MS. (I give myself permission to not exhaust or frustrate myself explaining to others from here forward).

Let's start at the top and please remember these are subject to change at any time!

Fatigue. No....not tired. (Please don't tell me you understand because you didn't sleep well either). I just woke up an hour ago and feel like I ran a marathon.

Cog fog aka cognitive issues. My memory is horrible. I have a hard time getting words right. And please don't forget to make me a list. Understanding complex things is harder....it just is.

My nerve pain is being good this morning!! So we will skip.

MS hug. It is NOT being good. Imagine the hulk wrapping his arms around your midsection and squeezing. Hard. A few seconds...a few minutes...continuous like contractions. It is often hard to smile and keep moving when I'd rather curl up in a ball.

Numbness/tingling. My legs feel like that tingly time when your waking them up after they fell asleep. This is very common. Hence why I move my feet a lot...it doesn't go away by waking them up....it just helps me to know they are still there I guess lol

Spasticity-this is much worse since my new lesion. I would say 80% off my day I feel like I have severe charlie horses in both my calves...occasionally my thighs.

I'm sure it will change as the day goes, but this is my 8 am still in bed check list.

I will go to church, work 1-5, and anything beyond that...well, I don't make plans usually after work. Have a great day and be blessed!!

No comments:

Post a Comment